Product Lead - Moata Net-Zero
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it’s employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Mott MacDonald Digital Ventures is at the heart of this revolution – transforming infrastructure at speed by connecting innovation to outcomes. We work across the globe with some of the biggest and most progressive clients, on the most exciting projects. We exist to empower lasting industry transformation, enable engineering innovation on demand through our Moata platform, and drive transformational growth through our partnerships – bringing the best ideas and innovations together.
A bit about the team
Our dynamic and diverse team ranges from information consultants, investment analysts through to product managers, software developers, data scientists and everything in between.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to become the global Product Lead for our Moata Net Zero solution which will be the extension of one of our current headline product Moata Carbon Portal. Drawing upon the digital expertise of your colleagues, you will drive growth whilst devising innovative, customer-centric value propositions that achieve net zero outcomes for our global customer base. We firmly believe that achieving net zero will only be possible if we embrace the opportunities provided through digital as an enabler, so if your interests lie at the intersection of net zero, sustainability and digital innovation, this role will not just be exciting and engaging but bring meaning to your work life.
As the first engineering consultant to be net zero certified Mott MacDonald have genuine credentials in carbon! We’ve been at the forefront of reducing capital carbon in infrastructure design for over 15 years, co-authoring PAS 2080, developing the Moata Carbon Portal, delivering industry annual event ‘The Carbon Crunch’, as well as working across the Infrastructure Client Group (ICG) to embed enhanced carbon management by design.
We deliver our work as a fully hybrid team, we continue to embrace technology change to support greater flexibility and work-life balance.
You will be part of an exciting team responsible for leading our product which is currently used by our largest clients across the world, and you’ll be working with our Head of Product and wider Moata Net Zero product team to scale it.
The specific duties include:
- Hold and foster a compelling product vision, rallying everyone around that future including our staff and clients
- Develop a position as a respected product and Net Zero leader on the global market
- Be a key contributing member of the Moata Product Lead community to support best practice growth and learning
- Translate your technical and market knowledge into insight to support the development and roadmap for Moata Net Zero
- Horizon scan, ensuring ongoing product innovation to keep ahead of the market
- Demonstrate a literacy and passion for decarbonisation and the ability to connect clients’ challenges to scalable digital solutions
- Develop and implement a global structure across Mott MacDonald to support product success, aligning with our carbon advisory network and regional general managers
- Support the identification and response to opportunities that accelerate the adoption of low-carbon thinking in infrastructure
- Lead all market facing aspects of the product value proposition
- Commercial management across the entire deployment lifecycle from early prospect to project close, supported by our delivery and operations teams
Required for the position of Product Lead - Moata Net-Zero
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate person with solid industry knowledge and the desire to lead the growth of an exciting product business that is now ready to scale at speed following three years of market validation. Proven carbon, business development and leadership skills are highly desirable and would be complemented by good strategic and commercial awareness. A growth mindset, ambition and energy are characteristics that are needed for this exciting new role. Above all, collaboration is of the utmost importance for a role that will bring people together in pursuit of a step change in how the infrastructure industry approaches carbon management and the race to Net Zero.
The successful candidate must be a team player and effective communicator, confident in their capability, whilst able to recognise areas for their development and that of the people around them. They should naturally be a strategic thinker with the ability to execute a strategy and develop business with clients, supported by the wider Mott MacDonald team. They must be able to think creatively and inspire others through the ability to paint a picture of the future for colleagues and clients alike, engaging at their level.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Experience in leading the delivery of carbon footprinting / carbon management projects across a range of project types delivery against scope, quality and budget, especially in the infrastructure sector;
- Knowledge of legislation and policy influencing carbon and climate change, of key methodologies and data sources associated with carbon footprinting and carbon management, including ISO14064, PAS2060, PAS2080;
- Knowledge of efforts (initiatives/project/commitments) in the industry to reduce the carbon impact of transportation, construction and the built environment (and ideally participation in such endeavours);
- Understanding client challenges and emerging organisational requirements
- A client-centric mindset with demonstrated experience in building authentic and trusting relationships
- Demonstrable experience of strategic and innovative thinking in the context of providing solutions to clients’ needs
- A degree / post-graduate qualification(s) in a relevant discipline; and,
- Membership of a relevant institute, preferably at a chartered or equivalent level.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels.
- Outstanding presentation, writing and leadership skills
- Natural collaborator
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Networking and building connections
The digital revolution is changing infrastructure around the world, how it is designed, built, and managed. Using an explosion of available data, modern cloud technology and advanced data science we can enhance infrastructure performance to benefit society, the environment and business. From enhancing solar yield to predicting future maintenance needs, digital is at the heart of improving of our built environment, achieving carbon net zero and improving citizens’ lives.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence