BIM / Digital Design Developer
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it’s employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
Our digital Delivery Team are recruiting a Digital Design Developer to join our growing team. The successful candidate will play a key role within the team, working on major projects across the world.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development and implementation of Digital Design tools using CAD , GIS, and coding tools
- Assist in the specification, configuration and management of project Common Data environments (ProjectWise, SharePoint, BIM 360, GIS applications etc)
- Support the development of Digital Tools used on all Rail related projects
- Have knowledge of Bentley software (OBD, ORD) and Digital Data applications to support the design engineers in delivering buildings projects to our clients
- Communicate complex technical concepts in 3D digital models and GIS applications
- Develop tools and processes to improve efficiency of project delivery
- Assist the BIM and Digital Leads with project delivery
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. We are also looking for you to have:
- Industry experience in Coding, BIM, Digital Implementation in multi-disciplinary rail, civil and structural engineering sectors
- Strong proficiency in Bentley MicroStation and Open Building Designer
- Ability to use a wide range of CAD, Digital and Data management software
- Strong understanding in developing, supporting, and managing models per project standards
- Experience of managing Common Data Environments (CDE) such as ProjectWise, GIS etc
- Ability to work closely with project engineers, CRE’s and CEM’s
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills and embrace new technologies and software.
- Able to effectively manage workload in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Willing to take ownership of issues and work autonomously to find solutions.
- Mentor and develop junior staff.
- Knowledge of 4D and Software (Bentley Synchro)
- Use of GIS to support designs and Client engagement
- Trained in ISO19650 / BS1192
- Experience in programming software (e.g. Grasshopper, Python, VBA)
- Knowledge of Rail industry standards and specifications
If you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need.
We help conceive, drive, and implement transport solutions for cities, regions, and asset owners/operators around the globe. From preparing the business case and advising on related issues - such as revenue, procurement, and environmental legislation - to delivering the completed infrastructure and helping maintain it. Our planning, engineering, environmental and management skills cover the whole project cycle. We play a major role in developing and delivering the Global Transport Sector Strategy.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence