Senior Project Manager - Water and Environment
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for it’s employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the entire scope required for successful delivery of projects including: appraisal, planning, detailed design, construction and delivery phases. To deliver these by complying with HM Treasury Governance and processes specifically; Project Management, Health & Safety, Commercial, Risk & Value, Budget. Manage a delivery team and all key stakeholders.
What you will contribute to the team;
- Delivery on time within cost and to stated quality standards
- Effective management of health, safety and wellbeing of all those engaged on the project
- Coordinate and manage contract requirements (NEC) relating to design solutions, construction and commissioning.
- Collaborate with the Technical lead as per the delivery strategy to ensure excellence in Health and Safety in design
- Be accountable for the expenditure, and overall out turn cost for the project including authorisation through specified governance.
- Active stakeholder management to clarify requirements and agree project objectives and priorities. Maintain stakeholder involvement in key decisions.
- Be accountable for the commercial objectives specific to the project - ensure necessary reporting & information is delivered on time, to the required standard.
- Ensure the effective and efficient close out of all projects
Required for the position of Senior Project Manager;
- A degree in engineering or project management subject
- A relevant professional qualification with the APM or Prince 2
- Full Membership, or working towards full membership of a relevant chartered body; MAPM, MCIWEM, MICE, MCIOB, MRICS etc..
- Project management experience across a range of disciplines, contract/procurement
- Experience of managing projects within the Water and Environment Sector
- Experience of NEC contracts and their practical application
- Experience of working ‘client side’ for the Environment Agency, DEFRA or other RMA’s would be an advantage
Preferred, but not required
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Able to foster and promote collaborative working relationships
If you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need.
About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery (APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
The Unit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management.
About the team
Our environment and water portfolio is primarily a UK based business delivering project, programme and commercial management services to regulated water/wastewater clients and the Environment Agency.
Our work stretches across the entire project lifecycle, from pre-contract cost estimating and benchmarking to post contract QS services and commercial assurance.
For project and programme management we deliver capital projects on behalf of our clients, both internal and external that range from several hundred thousand pounds in value to major projects and programmes worth over £0.5billion.
Additionally we are the home of the cost intelligence service, a specialist team of data analysts and economists who provide expert advice across all sectors on inflation and indexation.
We currently work with around half of the UK’s regulated water and wastewater companies.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence