Contaminated Land Consultant
Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees? Mott MacDonald is a global consultancy whose people do exactly that.
As a Contaminated Land Consultant, the focus of this important, challenging and varied role is to provide leadership for the technical delivery of contaminated land assessments, supporting the Built Environment, Transport, Water and other Sectors.
Key elements of the role include:
- Involvement in the development and growth of the regional team
- Technical leadership and experienced delivery of Contaminated Land Risk Assessments and Remediation Strategies in accordance with Environment Agency and UK Government guidance
- Communicating contaminated land risks to project teams, stakeholders and regulators
- Management of project teams and budgets
- Promote technical excellence
- Supervision and development of graduates
- Business development, helping to develop Client relationships.
A bit about the team
Mott MacDonald's Ground Engineering Divisional team in Wales, The Midlands and Southwest of England is enjoying an exciting period of growth, thanks to excellent technical performance, framework wins and close client relationships in the private and public sectors.
In this exciting opportunity for a Contaminated Land Consultant to join our growing team, you will join a 50 strong divisional team of geologists, geotechnical engineers, soil scientists and contaminated land specialists.
Required for the position of Contaminated Land Consultant;
- BSc (Hons) in geology, earth science or engineering
- Chartered geologist, scientist or engineer with relevant professional body
- Track record of completing generic and detailed quantitative human health, ground gas and water environment risk assessments in accordance with current best practice
- Remediation design and supervision experience
- Enthusiasm for business development activities
Preferred, but not required;
- MSc in relevant subject eg. contaminated land, soil science, engineering geology
- Currently holds or is willing to obtain Security Check (SC) clearance
If you meet 80% or more of what we’re looking for, please still apply. We understand not everyone will meet all the requirements, but you might have skills we didn’t know we need.
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence