Mechanical Building Services Engineer
As the successful candidate, you will have a background in Building Services Mechanical Engineering design and technical competences. Supported by more senior engineers, your written and verbal communication of technical issues to varied technical and non-technical audiences will be key to your success in the role.
As the successful candidate you will typically be responsible for:
Preparation of documentation e.g. basis of designs, technical/design specifications and drawings, procurement specifications, assessment reports, survey reports, tailored to required stage of project completion, covering all aspects of mechanical services
Implementation of detailed surveys of mechanical services and equipment to establish status of the existing installations and gain sufficient information to recommend new/upgrade design proposals
Producing and reviewing mechanical design drawings and REVIT models incl. HVAC, water, drainage, etc.
Producing and reviewing calculations
Advising on all aspects of energy consumption and utilisation with recommendations to improve energy performance
Compliance with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, current legislation and standards associated with all engineering aspects of delegated project
As you contribute to the collective growth of our team’s capability, we will offer you exceptional opportunities for technical and management skillset development and long term career progression.
You will be able to demonstrate technical experience in delivering a range of building and/or infrastructure projects.
Take a look at the skills, qualifications and experience we’re looking for, as listed below. Please bear in mind that you may not need to meet 100% of these to be considered for the position.
- Experience in building services within the built environment, preferably in the Defence or commercial and infrastructure sectors
- A degree in building services engineering specialising in mechanical or equivalent Building Services work experience
- Working towards, or intending to work towards chartership, or equivalent Building Services work experience
- Up to date knowledge of current building regulations, legislation and standards applicable in building / infrastructure design environments
- The application of BREEAM and DREAM
- User of industry recognised software and mechanical engineer design tools including NBS Create, IES and REVIT
- BIM knowledge and experience
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on own initiative and the confidence to make decisions, although support will be provided as necessary.
- Ability to work well collaboratively, both internally and with external partners and sub-contractors
- Good verbal communication skills, and a positive attitude
- Must have BPSS clearance as a minimum, or ability to get
Ability to travel to locations in remote locations throughout East Anglia.
About the business unit
The Buildings and Cities Unit (BNC) has a major presence in Mott MacDonald's regional offices throughout the UK and mainland Europe, providing a wide range of diverse and transferable cross-sector skills across five key Sectors; Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation and Water. We also provide local services to customers and technical leadership to the rest of the Group in these sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Our talent acquisition coordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be found here. If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Mott MacDonald is Work180 accredited – which means we actively support and encourage women to join our work force!
Benefits we offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities – because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working – because life isn’t 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies – for parents and care givers
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans .
- The opportunity to make a difference; learn more about our social outcomes
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence