Our maritime consultants can provide the full range of services necessary to deliver the development of modern and efficient port and harbor facilities.
Our experience encompasses the planning, engineering, and construction supervision of all types of port facilities including container terminals, ro-ro berths, facilities for coal, oil, gas and dry bulk, fishing ports and cruise terminals, shipyards, and dockyards.
Our solutions cover the logistics supply chain from ports and harbors, to railroads, highways, bridges, and tunnels. In addition to multimodal expertise, our capabilities meet a variety of marine, port, and material handling needs from berths and facilities, container and cruise terminals, to commodity bulk and breakbulk facilities, and small-craft harbors.
We also bring strong functional expertise in environmental planning and coastal engineering, including permitting, dredging and dredge material disposal and reuse, land use planning, reclamation, and brownfield development.
Finally, we offer a number of value-added conventional project delivery mechanisms such as construction and program management, as well as engineering procurement construction management (EPCM) and asset management program development.
Services undertaken include these:
- Master planning and terminal planning
- Navigational assessment and design
- Environmental assessment
- Conceptual design
- Planning consents and licensing
- Numerical and physical modeling
- Ship maneuvering simulation
- Detailed engineering design
- Procurement of contracts
- Contract administration
- Supervision of construction
- Handover of completed projects
Our port and harbor engineers work closely with our colleagues within other sectors of Mott MacDonald, particularly those in environmental, geotechnical, road, rail, buildings, power, oil and gas, and infrastructure services infrastructure. This allows us to deliver a one-stop fully coordinated service to our clients, regardless of the complexity of the proposed development.
A few examples of our projects include:
- Port of Southampton, UK. Detailed design and construction support for upgrading existing container terminal
- Heritage Wharf, Bermuda. Detailed design and construction supervision for extension to cruise terminal
- Port of Ngqura, South Africa. Detailed design for new dry bulk quay and new oil terminal
- Cayman Islands. Master planning for new cruise terminal
- Nacala Port, Mozambique. Outline design for new coal export facilities