With a significant presence in the East Coast transportation and infrastructure realm, we're looking to welcome an additional signals design engineer to our Chicago, IL office. Our projects include the $7.3 billion East Side Access project in New York City, where we've been providing program and construction management for America’s largest infrastructure project. We've recently been appointed by The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to lead the implementation of the Governor's Airport Advisory Panel’s vision plan for the redevelopment of John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK).
Our projects span the realm on transportation engineering, including: highways and bridges and ports and harbours, with a particular focus on transit, rail and metro.
Mott MacDonald is looking to welcome an additional signal design engineer to be based in our growing team in Chicago, IL. This a unique opportunity to work with a talented team of signals experts based across the US, but working as one team. You'll be able to grow as a design engineer under the direction of a number of knowledgeable senior and principal experts. The role is multi-faceted, with exposure to a number of different area of signals engineering and consultant specialty.
In your role as a signals design engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Performing detailed control system design, including: hardware and software applications, control lines speed, approach times, braking distances and more.
- Reviewing and preparing technical documentation, including: submittals for compliance, contract documentation plans and specifications, cost estimates for system work and design time for contract proposals.
- Project management (budgets and schedules), stakeholder engagement and client meetings.
- Preparing and developing construction schedules.
- Engaging with third parties (vendors, contractors, sub-consultants, regulatory authorities).
Upon joining Mott MacDonald, you'll be a part of a knowledgeable and supportive team. You'll be empowered to develop professionally in your area of expertise and work across a number of exciting and challenging projects. Our Chicago office is small, but growing with a significant link to our connected network of 16,000 people across the world.
Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for the North American transportation and infrastructure industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for an individual to join our team to continue this traction and invite applications from candidates with:
- Experience with train control technology including relay applications, vital and non-vital microprocessor hardware and software applications, track circuits, signals and switch machines.
- Experience with audio frequency track circuits and cab signals is preferred.
- Experience with railroad and transit communications systems is preferred.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills with an understanding of completing work to budget and schedule requirements.
- Familiarity with train control industry standards, FRA regulations and AREMA guidelines.
- Minimum of three years experience with a degree in a relatable major.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals