One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
We’re proud of our support services teams. We are the driving force behind our organization to ensure we run competitively and with focus.Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Based in West Springfield, MA, our energy sector covers approximately 30 offices in the USA and Canada with over 900 staff.
Responsible for supporting the unit managing director to achieve the financial objectives of the unit and for supporting the regional management accountant in managing Group financial performance.
- Responsibility for the production and interpretation of the monthly management accounts for the energy sector including:
- Investigation and reporting of significant income and cost variances.
- Analysis of project profit profitability including costs to complete
- Review and analysis of overheads to ensure these are minimized.
- Evaluation of effectiveness of working capital management.
- Supervision, coordination, and management of divisional accountants with active role in appointments, training, performance reviews and taking corrective actions.
- Management of working capital to ensure there is a proper understanding of capital employed with WIP promptly billed and debts promptly collected.
- Regular meetings with divisional managers to assist in the monthly project controls meetings and make recommendations with respect to staffing surpluses/resourcing needs.
- Supervision of the production of annual budgets and forecasts at divisional level and consolidation to Unit level.
- Assistance in the evaluation and preparation of business plans including 5 year rolling forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals to ensure Group required ROI metrics being achieved and make recommendations on billing profile including advance billing where appropriate.
- Assessment of the financial aspects of contracts in order to facilitate accurate invoicing.
- Training of project managers to enable them to understand and interpret project financials to help avoid project losses.
- Co-ordination of accurate cash flow submissions to Group to support hedging activity for Group Treasury.
- Co-ordination of recovery of bonds prior to expiry and effective use of reduction mechanisms in outstanding bonds.
- Assist with financial evaluation and due diligence of potential acquisition targets, strategic initiatives and complex trading arrangements.
- Regular team meetings with Divisional billing/cash collections/project controls staff to ensure best practice rolled out and consistency across divisions.
- BS or BA Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- CPA, CMA, FCCA license required or equivalent
- 7 or more years of corporate accounting experience, specifically with project accounting
- Experience within the consultant, engineering, power, or oil & gas industry preferred
- Management experience, supervising and coordination of responsibilities
- Effective communicator with good presentation skills and leadership qualities
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel (Vlook Up - Pivot Tables))