Mott MacDonald recognizes technology as a key factor to developing innovative and sustainable lifecycle solutions in a multifaceted engineering environment.
Mott MacDonald’s support services are the driving force behind our organization enabling us to run efficiently and effectively. The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
The Project Applications Analyst is responsible for providing support for Project Applications in the Mott MacDonald. Working as part of the global Project Applications support team within the IT department, the Analyst will offer valuable experience supporting existing applications. This role will assist with implementation, maintenance, and support of technology related to CAD, BIM, and related engineering applications. This role also collaborates with other IT groups to provide application support as it relates to software, network, security, and hardware maintenance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field, diagnose, and troubleshoot incoming customer requests, and incidents via phone and email.
- Provide timely completion of requests and resolution of problems or escalation of those that cannot be handled directly to appropriate application owner.
- Provide 3rd line of support to application users via, phone, email, and Skype.
- Support CDE Services such as ProjectWise and BIM suites.
- Provide support and troubleshooting related to Project Applications used throughout Mott Macdonald. Some applications are, but not limited to: AutoCAD, Revit, AECOsim, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, Infraworks.
- Prioritizing, escalating and tracking incidents as needed.
- Documenting all support interactions within the ticketing system.
- Proactively problem-solve – regularly evaluating the current state of the application, identifying aspects which could be improved and recommend changes.
- Ensure Knowledge based articles are created and maintained to the correct technical standard.
- A Computer Science/Engineering graduate or a degree in related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in an IT Service Delivery environment in a large organization in application support for engineering design and information management systems
- Understanding of standard software used in engineering design and how they inter-relate/interact with other programs and peripherals.
- Experience delivering technical support in an engineering environment using Autodesk and Bentley products.
- Experience of using Powershell
- Incident, Problem and Change management.
- Formal accreditation in ITIL v3 or other best practice framework desirable
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- A motivated team player to work as part of the team to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of building strong and productive relationships with key business customers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility of working to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- 5 Days week - 40 hours (Rotational Shift)
- Weekly work hours may extend
to 48 hrs
based on shift management requirements to provide global support coverage.