We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Commercial officer/ specialist is required for the Jamshoro Coal Fired Power Plant in Pakistan.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The role of the Commercial/Procurement Specialist is to accomplish compliance of a Chinese EPC Contractor
with the commercial obligations of an EPC Power Plant Construction Contract and coordinate with all the project stakeholders and manage their expectations.
- Technical skills demonstrated by competently performing the tasks such as analysing terms and conditions, analysing Lender/Owner procurement requirements and contractor / supplier capabilities.
- Conceptual skills which relate to the manner in which the contract manager visualizes the EPC Contract in terms of the project’s goals. These skills involve the ability to see and use the "big picture" for greater project success.
- Human relations skills which focus on the "people" aspect of contract management. Effective performance on this project requires (1) the cooperation of many over whom the Procurement Specialist has little or no organizational control, (2) dealing with government and contractor representatives from a diverse range of disciplines (which in turn requires strong relational and communication skills).
- Understand (well) the industry, business, project, and people they serve.
- Be familiar with risk management.
- Have good project management skills.
- The expert shall have a bachelor or higher degree in Engineering or Finance and preferably 10 years of relevant professional experience in procurement from large power plant projects.
- The expert should have strong knowledge of international and national procurement regulations and procedures.
- Previous work with ADB-funded projects and direct experience with public sector procurement are added advantages.
- The expert will assist an International Procurement Specialist in undertaking the following tasks: