Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy, with a significant presence in the East Coast transportation and infrastructure realm. We have a brand-new opportunity for an environmental and permitting lead to join our ever-expanding team in the Boston area and embark on one of the largest projects of its nature in the region.Mott MacDonald has been engaged by a prestigious client to provide construction and program management services for a major transit program in Boston, MA. The environmental and permitting lead will be a member of the knowledgeable program team and will provide guidance to the program team for all environmental and permitting matters.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
The role will primarily be responsible for proactively managing environmental permitting and compliance. As an environmental and permitting lead, you will be tasked with:
- Planning and coordinating all environmental and permitting related activities including federal and state permitting, NEPA and MEPA requirements.
- Review and provide input to environmental and permitting aspects for the program, coordinating different teams.
- Respond to special tasks assigned by the client.
- Attend environmental and permitting meetings with designers, client, stakeholders and program teams.
- Provide field inspection and reporting for environmental related field investigation activities.
- Develop environmental or permitting scope for projects or review/negotiate proposed scope prepared by others. Review and provide input into related design or construction work.
- Provide guidance to construction team related to environmental and permitting issues and compliance.
- Review and provide input to environmental related RFIs, submittals and contractor permit applications.
- Facilitate technical input and resolution to environmental submittal reviews when an environmental disagreement arises between stakeholders.
- Providing guidance related to site remediation issues including due diligence, investigation/delineation/characterization, remedial alternatives, soil reuse and associated cost estimates.
- Providing input on hazardous materials assessments and related compliance strategies and cost evaluations.
Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for the North American transportation and infrastructure industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for an environmental and permitting lead to join our team to continue this traction and invite applications from candidates with:
- Experience in environmental permitting on large public works projects
- Experience with federal, state and local regulations; with a preference of Massachusetts permitting requirements
- Exposure to rail/transit projects is preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in a relatable major
- 5+ years’ relatable experience in environmental permits, planning, etc.
- Licensed Site Professional (LSP) and/or a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) is preferred.