Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy, with a significant presence in the East Coast transportation and infrastructure realm. We have a brand-new opportunity for a scheduling and estimating lead to join our ever-expanding team in the Boston area and embark on one of the largest projects of its nature in the region.
Mott MacDonald has been engaged by a prestigious client to provide construction and program management services for a major transit program in Boston, MA. The scheduling and estimating lead will be a member of the knowledgeable program team and will be tasked with developing all cost estimates and schedules and a major program schedule from the ground-up.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Based from our brand-new Boston office, the scheduling and estimating lead will be tasked with:
- Leading all cost estimating activities for the program and link the cost estimates and schedules and oversee the activities of the scheduler and estimator.
- Develop program master schedule and update regularly
- Master schedule summarizes the planning, design procurement, design, contractor procurement and construction for each element of the program, project interfaces, vehicle delivery, PM/CM key deliverables and program milestones
- Review of “order of magnitude” conceptual estimates as well as complete “bottoms-up” detailed estimates during design and construction phases of the project.
- Manage scope and unit costs review of the design estimate packages provided by the DOR.
- Facilitate critical value engineering, risk analysis, constructability, contingency assessment development, and Independent Cost Estimate (ICE) assessments for Construction Contract risk reallocations or claims as requested.
- Develop cost estimate “what-if” option comparisons for overall schedule and cost impacts.
- Implement procedures for reconciliation of design phase and construction phase estimates.
- Quantify scope and interpret contract documents from design plans and specifications.
- Review and analyze HCSS and Excel produced EPC and construction cost estimates for development of basis of estimates and assumptions.
- Facilitate change management and provide order of magnitude and “bottoms-up” estimates.
- Review designer baseline schedules for their design work, review monthly updates and earned value reports
- Develop construction schedules for each of the projects in the program, which are updated as the design progresses
- Work with the designer to define construction phasing, establish construction contract milestones and limitations of operations in conjunction with the CTD schedule
- Review construction contractor schedules, monitor progress against planned completion and contract milestones
- Prepare 6 week look ahead and schedule “hot list” to monitor program progress and identify key activities that require attention
Although this office is brand new, Mott MacDonald has an extensive and illustrious history in the Boston, MA area. Our Westwood (Boston) office has over 100 people with a fantastic, welcoming culture in a modern office
Our team of professionals provide cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for the North American transportation and infrastructure industry with unprecedented success. We’re looking for a scheduling and estimating lead to join our team to continue this traction and invite applications from candidates with:
- Significant experience with construction and design scheduling of large engineering projects
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field experience
- Detailed knowledge of Primavera P6
- Ability to develop cost / schedule analysis presentations both graphic, written, and verbal
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and ability to liaise with client, contractors and team
- Experience of working on large construction projects or transit / rail projects is extremely desirable