Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
As a transportation engineer, your duties will include:
- Collaborate in the design and development of toll concept plans, including requirements analysis, technology review and selection, development and communication of operational concepts, specifications development, testing, and commissioning.
- Provide guidance in the development of project materials such as, scopes of works, work plans, project deliverables, etc. including project planning, scheduling & tracking projects, civil design collaboration and Electronic Toll System (ETS) Development.
- Participate and review Express Lanes (EL) related design workshops with system integrator during the software development process. Coordinate development of EL dynamic tolling design, including Toll Data Center (TDC) /dashboard, etc.
- Coordinate and review traffic consultants progress related to Traffic Operations and Analysis Report (TOAR), and perform other traffic engineering related tasks, including ramp metering, data collection, and traffic simulation, etc.
- Assist during the Factory Acceptance test, System Site Acceptance Test and System Performance Evaluation & Approval process.
- Coordinate with SI related to the maintenance activities, including preparing purchase requisitions, independent cost estimates and maintenance contracts, etc. This includes assigning and tracking work activities and schedules, and delegating tasks.
- Coordinate and track bi-weekly SI meetings and highlight issues logs.
- Perform technical support tasks as needed (i.e. evaluate change requests, prepare independent cost estimates, research on equipment and software options to determine best solutions, research on the communications network, system and contract evaluation and make recommendations
- Review as-built submittals to ensure comments are properly and completely incorporated into the final technical documents.
- Other duties as associated with the position.
Mott MacDonald's track record in Santa Clara County dates back to the 1990s. Our team of professionals provides cost-effective and innovative engineering solutions for our clients throughout North America. We’re looking for an individual to join our team to continue this traction and invite applications from candidates with:
- BS in civil engineering, or other transportation engineering discipline; with a minimum of five years' work experience.
- Master’s degree in civil engineering or other professionally-recognized equivalent discipline is desired.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration and/or Traffic Engineer (TE) in California is desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of basic aims, concepts, and principles of civil engineering and transportation engineering and Express Lanes.
- Ability to understand and implement work programs and multiple tasks and to elicit support and cooperation from other departments and staff from other jurisdictions.
- Ability to organize work, prepare presentations, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and coordinate and complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge in Caltrans project development procedures/processes, with experience in development of Express Lanes.