Project Director - Metros & Civil Engineering
Additionally, you will assist the team in guiding and mentoring our early career professionals within the division. As we are constantly looking to add new business to our portfolio, strengthening/ developing local knowledge and the ability to bring and build a local network to influence business development initiatives will be key in this position.
You will be accountable for the successful completion of transportation related heavy civil engineering projects under your oversight which will include:
- Project direction leading to the commercial success of our projects, including contractual issues, risk, resourcing, programming, collaboration, commercial matters and ensuring our clients’ development expectations are exceeded
- Responsible for the strategic planning, management and growth of the Liverpool Metros & Civils team
- Mentoring and staff development
- Technical leadership of a project portfolio (transportation related heavy civil engineering projects)
- Direct project involvement using your skills and experience in heavy civil engineering projects
- Developing the business with existing and new clients, and pursuing further opportunities
- Building, strengthening and managing relationships with clients and collaborating with colleagues, consultants and contractors.
We are working on some of the UK’s most iconic civil engineering projects including HS2, Crossrail2, Northern Line Extension, Tideway, as well as coastal defence and erosion solutions for UK local authorities and port infrastructure for global operators.
If you would be interested in this position, please apply with your CV and Covering Letter detailing your interest in the role along with your relevant experience.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.