As a Principal Transport Planning professional within the Transport team you will support senior staff through contributing to successful project delivery and liaise with a range of clients or partners to enhance and develop our branding and market perception in Malaysia and South East Asia. You will also support the leadership team in strategic input into divisional business activities, development and business alignment including maximising internal markets within Mott MacDonald and supporting the development and growth of the East Asia Transport Planning practice.
You will join a small but rapidly growing team which covers predominantly the South East Asian market, with a strong track record in advising on transportation projects. Our clients include private and public sector organisations across a range of sectors including urban development, transport, built environment, health and education, industry, water, waste, energy and communications.
This role will require a person who has experience in working on several planning and transportation projects and
- Provide strategic and technical advice for transport planning. urban planning; and master planning to clients and other consultants as part of a project team;
- Project management of transport planning projects and other multi-disciplinary transportation advisory projects;
- Identify and create opportunities for both internal and external clients through forming connections among the best resources within local and regional teams, and tapping on the global Mott MacDonald capability;
- Manage staff in terms of briefing, checking technical work and adherence to programme plans
- Preparing and/or contributing to technical reports and other project outputs
- Keep up-to-date with advances in global and local transport planning practice and approaches;
- Taking a lead on business development, writing proposals and winning work, and contributing to proposals for a variety of project types, sizes and client type
- Mentoring and training the team, involving skills transfer and knowledge sharing of technical best practice
- Personal skills and attributes:
- Keen interest in transportation and transport planning issues, cross-cultural and cross-disciplinary work;
- A good verbal communicator and ability to prepare clear and concise written reports in English and Bahasa Melayu;
- Good visual communication skills with ability to prepare plans and other drawings;
- A self-starter comfortable in taking initiative and responsibility;
- Flexibility and interest to contribute to a wide range of assignments, and to adapt knowledge to areas outside immediate experience;
- Ability to critically analyse data, identify its importance, advise on its shortcomings and how it should be improved;
- Experience or technical knowledge in one or more of the following: Transport/urban/town/spatial planning, regional planning, transport modelling (VISUM, VISSIM software), GIS, traffic studies, ITS, socio-economic analysis, private-public partnership (PPP) infrastructure advisory;
- A willingness to travel and work on a short-term basis in countries across Asia and the Pacific as required
- Degree in a related discipline, including civil engineering, urban and regional planning, urban design, geography, transport planning/studies, GIS, smart city technology, project management;
- Knowledge or experience in transport modelling software is required and GIS software would be an asset;
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.