Principal project manager - ports and harbors
Mott MacDonald offers an opportunity to have a career with the premier employer in the coastal, port, and harbor engineering industry.
Mott MacDonald is currently looking for a principal project manager ports and coastal with at least 15 years of experience to work to join a growing and ambitious team of engineers in either our Seattle, WA office or Portland,OR. Typical projects include shoreline protection and stabilization, habitat restoration, harbors and marinas, water resources engineering, navigation channels and waterways, marine terminals, mooring analysis, dredging/dredged material disposal design, coastal and hydraulics and flood protection
As a principal project manager you will be tasked with:
- Perform engineering analysis and design with a focus on coastal engineering and restoration
- Project Management overseeing commercial management of project scope, schedule, budget, invoicing, communications, etc. required for typical management of projects.
- Project Management overseeing analysis, preliminary, and detail design of coastal, riverine, and marine facilities
- Develop plans, specifications, and construction documents
- Provide senior level review of technical work products
- Preparation of proposals and scopes of work
- Report preparation
- Responsible for new business development throughout the Seattle area and Pacific Northwest.
To be successful in this role, we invite applications from candidates with:
- Bachelor’s degree in coastal, civil, structural, hydraulics or related field
- Minimum 15 years of experience
- Must be a registered professional engineer
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills
- Business development experience as well as a proven track record of winning projects
- Ability to develop plans and specifications for construction projects
- Ability to interface with clients
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills
- Experience as a lead design engineer and project manager
- Demonstrated excellent communication and collaboration skills
Our ports, coastal and offshore business for waterfront engineering and planning for ports, harbors, inland waterways, reservoirs, and resiliency improvement works.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or disability status.