Engineering Project Manager
Our highly successful water consultancy business is servicing ever-increasing workloads from the domestic and international markets. As a result, we have exciting opportunities for engineering project managers with strong water/wastewater industry experience to join our growing team in Reading. You will help us lead the design of innovative and sustainable solutions for provision of clean water and sewage disposal, vital to meet the ever-growing demands of development, population growth and climate change. Our client base includes Thames Water, to whom we provide design support across a range of clean and foul networks and major treatment works projects.
These positions can be offered on either a full-time or a part-time basis.
As a Project Manager, you will join an innovative and motivated team of engineers and work alongside experienced technical specialists to manage projects and deliver work in close partnership with clients and contractors, building strong relationships that will enhance the company’s reputation and help secure further work.
You'll coordinate project teams and manage all aspects of projects, from business management systems compliance to programme and cost control and client interface.
You will represent the company in meetings and supervise the work of more junior staff, providing technical and commercial guidance to aid their development. This role will present you with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your technical and management skills through your project work, with great prospects for career progression as the business continues to grow.
- Chartered (or Incorporated) Civil or Mechanical engineer, or project manager
- Strong UK water/wastewater non-infrastructure or infrastructure experience
- Excellent communication skills and proven project management capability
- Understanding of designers’ responsibilities under CDM
- Experience of managing clients and other project stakeholders
- Experience in managing multiple and/or complex projects in a multidisciplinary environment
- Proactive approach, with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
For more information about our Water sector click here