Wastewater Network Modeller
We have an exciting opportunity for a Wastewater Network Modeller. Qualified candidates should be familiar with InfoWorks hydraulic modelling software (preferably ICM), as well GIS packages (ideally MapInfo). We are looking for a driven individual with an interest in water modelling and engineering. The ideal candidate would be a graduate who wants to progress their career, with a desire to evolve within Mott MacDonald and to develop their technical skills with a view to achieving chartership with an appropriate body.
The role will entail both flooding resolution and developer services work and therefore a familiarity with UK water utilities would be beneficial. Exposure to model build and verification or 2D modelling would also be advantageous, although not essential.
We have modelling teams located across the UK, with this role able to be based in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle, Leeds, or Manchester.
- Relevant degree qualified
- Modelling experience in wastewater networks using InfoWorks
- Exposure to GIS platforms (ideally MapInfo)
- Some exposure to undertaking hydraulic modelling projects for UK based water utilities
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to be a team player and develop relationships at all levels
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
For more information about our Water sector click here