Structural engineer - transportation
As a structural engineer you will predominantly be involved with bridge projects, but will also have exposure to different structural projects. You’ll work across projects for railways, highways, related transportation projects and, of course, bridges. You’ll have exposure to all sorts of duties; actively participating in:
- Bridge design, plan, and development
- Field investigations, inspections, and development
- Type studies, preliminary designs and all the way through to detailed design
- Load rating, construction monitory and expert opinions in the areas of quantities and cost estimating
Not only will you be involved in a wide range of responsibilities as a bridge / structural engineer, you’ll also develop your project management skills. Over time you will begin to start managing your own transportation and infrastructure projects and take a forward-facing role with the client.
- Illinois SE required
- 5-15 years of experience
- IDOT/CDOT experience in bridge/structures design, plan development, writing specifications, plan preparation required
- Project management experience or Master degree preferred
- MicroStation experience required, AutoCAD experience a plus
- Buildings/facilities experience a plus
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.