Rail signals engineer
We are looking for a signals engineer in our Pittsburgh, PA office. This individual will work with our design team on a large contract with our client in a variety of roles, all related to Rail Signaling or Train Control. Specific assignments may include system design, detailed circuit design, design reviews, specification preparation, estimate preparation and other related technical tasks. Our PIttsburgh office also works for clients in other cities and opportunities to work on these projects is highly likely.
Working under the direction of a senior signal engineer designing railway and transit signal and communications systems, your responsibilities will include:
- Perform detailed train control system application design including
- Hardware applications
- Software applications
- Control Lines and Aspect Charts
- Calculation of approach times and distances, braking distances, electrical loads, etc.
- Review and prepare technical documentation including:
- Review construction submittals for compliance with contract documents and industry standards
- Prepare contract documentation including plans and specifications for train control system construction contracts
- Prepare construction cost estimates for train control system work
- Project management and coordination:
- Liaise with client on a regular basis and address client needs
- Prepare design and construction schedules
- Coordinate activities with vendors, contractors, other consultants and clients
- Coordinate with third parties like utilities, regulatory authorities and municipal organizations
- Monitor performance against budget and schedule
- Five or more years’ experience with train control technology including relay applications, vital and non-vital microprocessor hardware and software applications, track circuits, signals and switch machines.
- Bachelor's degree in a relatable discipline
- A PE is preferred
- Ideal candidate will possess some or all of the below characteristics.
- Experience with railroad and transit signal and communications systems
- Focus on client requirements including technical, schedule and budget
- Results oriented and capable of completing work in a controlled environment to meet budget and schedule requirements
- Familiarity with train control industry standards, FRA regulations and AREMA guidelines
- Knowledge and proficiency with AutoCad
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.