2021 water / wastewater engineer intern
From the moment you join us, you’ll be immersed in what it’s like to be an engineer at Mott MacDonald. You’ll work with a team of exceptional engineers and scientists who have a passion for consultant engineering. From your first week, you’ll gain exposure to project work and start honing the skills you’ve been studying, to begin your career in the profession.
An internship should be more than just a job. We want you to utilize the skills you learn throughout your time here and use them throughout the rest of your life. Our company’s culture provides you with the opportunity to be creative, promotes inclusion and diversity, and allows you to take ownership of your work.
As an intern, your responsibilities may include:
- An introduction to conceptual, preliminary and detailed design
- An introduction to site inspection, investigation and monitoring
- An introduction to design calculation, computation using formula and preparation of calculations
- Review, assistance and modification of reports, specifications and studies
- Introductory opportunities to use crucial software to civil engineering design related project
To be considered for this internship position, you will currently be working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules or previous work experience. You’ll also have:
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- Prior relevant internships, co-ops or practical work-experience preferred.
- An ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and write accurate reports.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.