IT Developer - Business Applications
Mott MacDonald IT is currently in the middle of an exciting digital program, which involves moving to a new cloud-based ERP system. As an IT Developer for Business Applications you will be working with the team to enhance and further develop the new ERP system and maintain and do essential updates to the legacy systems. In addition, you will be creating and updating interfaces of various IT systems to and from the core ERP.
Your main responsibilities as part of this role would be:
- Development of the core ERP. You will be using XML in an Eclipse project using GitHub as the code repository. It is a custom XML language that provides standard programming language concepts like if statements and loops. It is a big application with complex relations and training will be provided.
- Development of excel spreadsheets that interface with the ERP system. You will be using VBA to validate data and make RESTful API calls. There are also backend libraries in C#.
- The CRM platform, using a graphical interface (no-code solution) to create complex business logic.
- Crystal reports, using PL/SQL and the crystal reports designer.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Discuss and refine requirements with the stakeholders in the initial phase of development.
- Advise business analysts on technical requirements and create prototypes where necessary.
- Peer Review the work of other developers when needed.
- Undertake developer testing on system changes made, before these changes are passed to the Business Analyst for Functional testing.
- Create change records in line with IT policy and carry out deployments between the development and test environments.
Formal education & certification
- University degree or diploma in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience creating XML using Eclipse and GitHub
- Experience working with an agile methodology
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with technical members of interdisciplinary teams
- A methodical and structured approach to problem solving, selecting and effectively utilising appropriate methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards, to meet all targets set
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and deliver to a deadline
- Keen attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable regarding learning and understanding new technologies
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- An excellent level of written and spoken English is essential.
The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you'll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you're interested in applying for this role.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate, rather take positive steps towards creating a diverse and inclusive working environment. You can learn more about it here!
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer
- Agile and safe working environment
- Competitive annual leave and sick leaves
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Group Life insurance, Personal accident and medical insurance coverage
- Short- and Long-term Global employment opportunities
- Global collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Digital Innovation and Transformation