IT Developer - Productivity and Project Applications
The role would require the individual to own and prioritise the development backlog, deliver technical and process changes based upon requirements and ultimately ensure tooling remains fit for purpose. The individual should possess strong experience of delivering and managing enterprise tooling delivery within a similar-sized organisation, with deep technical knowledge of the ServiceNow tool along with experience of monitoring platforms.
In all functions, the candidate will be required to work in a collaborative manner with IT suppliers and partners locally and globally whilst maintaining open lines of communication with both the business users and global IT teams.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lead on the development of assigned key deliverables and modules
- Design and develop workflows and forms
- Take ownership of the ITSM toolset developments to manage the platform and coordinate future development and implementations
- Develop strategies and assist with design, software testing and be proactive to prevent future problems
- The development and configuration of a variety of areas including, but not limited to incident, problem, change, service catalogue, knowledge, release / SDLC, asset management, configuration management (CMDB), project, time cards, CMS, and reporting
- Project Involvement – manages technical work packages
- Co-ordination of support engineers to make sure performance, efficiency and customer service is to the highest level
- Escalation point for product-related incidents and requests
- Assess opportunities for improvement of the current toolset
- Monitor inflow of tooling incidents, change requests and enhancements in the product backlog
- Collaborate with team members to define, analyse, understand and document technical requirements
- Automate business processes through orchestration flow designer and configuration management
- Drive ongoing improvements to the toolset to support greater efficiencies and enhanced customer service
- Provide assistance in report configuration and identify and log automation opportunities
- Responsible for the maintenance of the tooling and data contained within alongside the creation of bespoke management information on request
- Embed and enforce the culture of continual improvement across the global support tooling space, ensuring close collaboration is maintained with Global process owners
- Responsible for identifying weak spots in existing global operational processes and supplying remediation either via project delivery or direct intervention
- Responsible for integration and connections between ServiceNow and other systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or related field
- Working knowledge in ServiceNow as well as at least two (2) of the following areas:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent project management and time-management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to present technical information in a way that non-technical management and staff will understand
- Focus on quality and attention to detail
- Knowledge of database security procedures and protocols
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines when necessary
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills
- ITIL certification
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) – Software Development Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer or Other Application/Software Development Certifications (C+, C#, .NET, Java, etc)
- An excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to display and communicate information to all levels of employees and management
- Creativity and enthusiasm for design
- Strong ability to build stakeholder engagements
- Good attention to detail
The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you'll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you're interested in applying for this role.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate, rather take positive steps towards creating a diverse and inclusive working environment. You can learn more about it here!
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer
- Agile and safe working environment
- Competitive annual leave and sick leaves
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Group Life insurance, Personal accident and medical insurance coverage
- Short- and Long-term Global employment opportunities
- Global collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Digital Innovation and Transformation