Lead substation physical engineer
Able to provide:
- Engineering/technical guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, monitoring and managing work activities of an engineering team
- Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches
- Continuous improvement of job-related engineering technical and professional knowledge skills and performance
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Support of company’s goals and represents the company positively and professionally
- Active participant in regional weekly resource meeting (may also participate in national resource meeting as applicable)
- Promotes inter-office collaboration/communication in sharing of knowledge, resources and work to help level utilization
- Mentors team of engineers
You are a multitasker who can work on multiple projects at once. You enjoy fast paced, dynamic projects and teams, and have the following qualifications;
- Professional Engineering Designation
- Experience leading a team to perform detailed design of HV substations
- Work closely with Civil, Structural, and Relay teams assuring an integrated design
- 8-15 years of experience working in a consulting environment
- Ability to use CDEGS and/or WinIGS (Grounding studies per IEEE80)
- Ability to use CYMCAP
- Ability to design lightning protection per IEEE
- Knowledge and experience completing insulation coordination per IEEE
- Knowledge of completing rigid bus calculations per IEEE
- High proficiency in AutoCAD
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence