Principal Climate Change Consultant
- Opportunity for an environmental, climate change, or sustainability specialist.
- Provide strategic direction and drive the regional climate change practice.
- Work with regional and global teams to deliver climate change related studies.
- Role available in either Singapore, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok or Taipei.
We are advancing climate resilience by finding ways to adapt and rebound, and innovative sources of investment in resilience. Through our services we protect against severe impacts, reduce losses and safeguard the livelihoods of vulnerable communities around the world. Our multidisciplinary expertise and international reach mean we can build teams with the right skills mix to meet the needs of clients in any sector, anywhere in the world.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Principal Climate Change Consultant to join our Climate, Environment, and Social team in either Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok or Taipei. You’ll work within a multi-disciplinary team on a wide range of projects across multiple sectors (power, energy, transport, built environment, water). This is an opportunity to help lead the delivery of climate change services in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment.
- Climate change risk and vulnerability assessments
- Climate science, research and analysis
- Policy and planning
- Climate finance
- Climate resilient infrastructure
- Strengthening our relationship with key clients.
- Supporting the implementation of our Group commitments on climate change.
- Technical support within the global climate change practice.
- Winning work and preparing proposals.
- Managing projects as well as clients and sub-consultants.
- External engagement with international initiatives.
- Thought leadership and support to external campaigns including our net zero and resilience initiatives.
- Leading internal and external workshops.
- Guiding junior team members and technically assuring their work.
- Responsibility of being the Regional Climate Change Coordinator.
- A Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Climate Change, Development Studies, Economics or a related field.
- Experience working in an international, multicultural and diverse environment, with collaborative approach and working across sectoral and regional boundaries.
- Thorough understanding and experience of international climate change frameworks.
- Experience working as a consultant or an in-house role responsible for identifying climate change risks and putting in place risk mitigation plans.
- Understanding of global climate change science and international decarbonisation scenarios as well as best practice approaches to risk assessment and quantification.
- Experience working with a range of organisations from asset owners to financial institutions
- Good working knowledge of the TCFD and associated frameworks.
- Experience having delivered transition and physical climate risk assessments for projects.
- Strong international network across clients, partner organisations and business groups.
- Able to review complex documents, summaries and present the key issues in a clear and concise way.
- Aptitude in identification, progression, delivery and success in tendering for new project opportunities.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with a proven ability of generating work opportunities and preparing successful proposals to win work.
- Enthusiastic and ambitious, with a passion for continual professional development.
- Highly motivated and conscientious with the ability to deliver work to the highest standards.
- Team and client focused and able to collaborate in a multi-discipline multi-geography environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to lead and develop others.
We are proud to have been recognised in The Strait Times list of Singapore’s Best Employers in 2021 in recognition of our focus on work-life balance, development opportunities, culture and benefits.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence