IT Analyst - Network Services
The infrastructure individual will be based in our Global IT Operations Centre based in Chennai, working in shifts covering follow the sun model. The individual will be working within the IT Infrastructure Services team and with suppliers to provide operational IT related activities (incident/problem/change management) and actively collaborate with Service Delivery team members of the Global Network and Data center services team within the IT department.
- Delivers a highly efficient, effective and available services to the business according to agreed business requirements and service levels within specialist areas of expertise, including but not limited to Network and security infrastructure, Datacenters and server rooms
- Provides regular written updates on all tickets, assists the team with same and provides regular reports
- Provide Incident, Problem, Change, Knowledge, Event Management, Request Fulfilment capabilities within the Infrastructure Team.
- Cover system monitoring, alerting, and remediate issues accordingly
- Assists in updating documentation and ensuring that it reflects the exact systems configuration.
- Assists with the configuration management and auditing of all infrastructure Services.
- Builds and maintains relationship with the Global and Regional teams and attend regular meetings with the Global functions
- Effective Incident, problem and change management functions with regards to assigned services
- Perform day-to-day activities and checks as part of the on-going maintenance of the assigned services. Ensures that they are carried out in a timely manner and a forward schedule of maintenance and upgrade is implemented.
- Escalation with suppliers as and when required.
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of systems and monitoring services
- Auditing of Network Infrastructure & Data Centre services
- Effective system performance/capacity monitoring for all Network & Data Centre Services
- Participation in post implementation/major incident reviews
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree or diploma - Desirable
- ITIL v3/v4 Foundation Certification - Highly Desirable
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP - Desirable
- Microsoft, Citrix and/or any type of Network Certification - Desirable
- CheckPoint, Cisco or Fortigate Firewall Certification, Cisco Meraki - Desirable
- Network Infrastructure (WAN/LAN/VOIP/MPLS/SIP)
- Data Centre & Server Room Infrastructures - Desirable
- Checkpoint, FortiGate, Barracuda, Cisco & Cisco Meraki Firewall technologies
- Exposure to Cloud hosted proxy services like Zscaler
- MPLS & VPN Links (especially IPSEC LAN<>LAN VPNs)
- Remote Access services (Windows VPN, Direct Access etc)
- knowledge of LAN Switching and TCPIP (including DHCP, DNS)
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing network issues on cloud-based services -Desirable
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Network & Access environment.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment - Desirable
- Ability and experience of working across diversity of BU divisions and IT functions - Desirable
Should be able to demonstrate the following proficiency:
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Excellent people skills and communication
- Ability to think logically, examine situations, solve technical problems
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and activities with minimum supervision
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the business
- Managing internal / external relationships
- Able to participate as a member of a multi-disciplined team
The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you'll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you're interested in applying for this role. The application deadline is xxxxx when applications will be reviewed by the team to shortlist for interviews, which will be held in xxxxx.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence