Entry level structural engineer - 2022
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in all we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
We are an employee-owned global engineering, management and development consultant. Everywhere around the world, people’s needs and aspirations are changing, fast. That brings increasing challenges. Our global network of 16,000 experts looks at problems from fresh angles and finds opportunities in complexity. We bring together diverse skills, experience and insight, to turn obstacles into sustainable solutions in the areas of Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Together we’re generous with our knowledge, work to solve problems and take pride in each other’s success as much as our own. It’s the unique contribution of all our colleagues working together that makes us successful. We value our diversity and are committed to creating a company where people feel valued, safe and at our best.
What will you be doing?
From the moment you join us, you will be immersed into a team of exceptional engineers, consultants and project managers, ready to support you in your career. From your first week, you’ll gain a sense that you belong. You will be assigned to a variety of projects in your chosen area of interest, working to deliver plans, designs and reports for a number of prestigious clients.
Under the guidance of a professional engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs
- Attending site inspections, investigations and monitoring
- Actively participating in project, client and team meetings
- Reviewing, preparing and modifying designs; analyzing reports, specifications and studies
- Gaining exposure to project, commercial and client management
- Utilizing technology with a ‘digital by default’ approach
- The design and construction of a $3.8 billion expansion project for the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel.
- Project and construction management for several transit upgrade programs in the heart of Boston.
- A $438 million lead service replacement program, which achieved over 4,000 replacements per year in the DC-metro area.
To be considered for this entry-level position, you will be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering with a focus on structural engineering. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in transportation or structural projects through relevant experience, such as in your field of study, internships, volunteering or being a member of relevant associations.
We are looking to welcome graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Superb written communication and attention to detail, with an ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred.
- Excellent understanding of relevant technologies, such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, etc.
Through our Connected Conversations, award-winning training programs and mentorship opportunities, we’ll partner with you to create and curate a career path which is unique to you. Together, we will create and solve challenges for our communities, and you will support ground-breaking, prominent projects.
Mott MacDonald is the first company in its class to be independently certified carbon neutral, globally. We reduced our global carbon footprint by 45% per employee in the last five years and offset residual carbon emissions using a carefully selected peatland restoration program in Sumatra.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.