Civil / water engineering intern - 2022
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in all we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
We are an employee-owned global engineering, management and development consultant. Everywhere around the world, people’s needs and aspirations are changing, fast. That brings increasing challenges. Our global network of 16,000 experts looks at problems from fresh angles and finds opportunities in complexity. We bring together diverse skills, experience and insight, to turn obstacles into sustainable solutions in the areas of Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Together we’re generous with our knowledge, work to solve problems and take pride in each other’s success as much as our own. It’s the unique contribution of all our colleagues working together that makes us successful. We value our diversity and are committed to creating a company where people feel valued, safe and at our best.
What will you be doing?
From the moment you join us, you will be immersed into a team of exceptional engineers, consultants and project managers, ready to support you in your internship. This is an opportunity to understand what a future career at Mott MacDonald may look like and you’ll gain exposure to different projects, people and responsibilities. You will be assigned to a variety of projects in your chosen area of interest, supporting the delivery of plans and designs for a number of prestigious clients.
Under the guidance of a professional engineer, your internship responsibilities will include an introduction to:
- Developing conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs
- Attending site inspections, investigations and monitoring
- Actively participating in project, client and team meetings
- Reviewing, preparing and modifying designs; analyzing reports, specifications and studies
- Project, commercial and client management
Our South team supports some of the most ambitious transportation, water and infrastructure projects in North America, including:
- Construction oversight to the Pensacola Bay Bridge, FL.
- Reconnecting Texas' Cedar Bayou with the sea after 35 years, restoring life to a once rich marsh and estuarine ecosystem.
- Providing program management services for the design and construction of the Airbus Final Assembly Line.
To be considered for this internship position, you will be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in civil projects or water engineering and projects in your degree/studies, internships, volunteering, being a member of relevant associations or providing an overview of your interest in a cover letter.
We are looking to welcome interns with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Superb written communication and attention to detail, with an ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
- An interest in relevant technologies, such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, etc.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.