Senior Hydropower Engineer
The role will be challenging, demanding, varied but offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team, delivering consultancy assignments that cover all aspects of the development cycle for medium to large hydropower projects. These assignments cover all segments of the hydropower sector, including engineering studies, detailed design, technical advisory, due diligence and construction/performance monitoring for developers, financiers and contractors. You will also be responsible leading teams and managing small to medium scale assignments. Digital delivery is key component of our services, and you will be conversant in use of digital tools to support the key duties of the role.
Depending upon project requirements, as a Senior hydropower engineer the key duties in the role will include:
- Providing technical capabilities in hydropower and energy projects around the globe, specifically with respect to overall hydropower scheme planning and optimisation, structural engineering and hydraulic engineering.
- Responsible for managing external stakeholders, ensuring client satisfaction and pursuing and promoting opportunities with potential and established clients.
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects.
- Project management of consultancy assignments, including maximising profitability of projects, monitoring against budget, reacting and anticipating potential problems and communicating in line with client expectations.
- Demonstrating technical expertise, providing in depth knowledge and leadership whilst proactively coaching and developing more junior team members.
Mott MacDonald is a US$2 billion global management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions adding value to 12 core business areas – energy, water, environment, international development, industry, oil and gas, buildings, transport, urban development, communications, health and education. We combine the skills of over 16,000 multidisciplinary staff, working in 150 countries. Our energy unit covers all the main elements of project development, business strategy and business planning, feasibility studies, engineering design and specification, construction supervision, commissioning, quality assurance, inspection and rehabilitation work. Our experience in hydropower projects ranges from a few kilowatts up to 7,200 MW for more than 80 years.
- Civil or Mechanical Engineering (BEng).
- Must have 5~15 years of experience in power industry with no less than 3 years of hydropower specific experience.
- Hydropower project technical leadership or project manager experiences are essential. Must have experience in all types of work we do including hydropower scheme planning, study, design and advisory works such as technical due diligence.
- Must have demonstrated experience in Project Management
- Familiar with digital design tools such as Civil3D, Revit, GIS etc. Desirable to have advanced digital capability such as Python, Dynamo
- International experience is essential i.e., candidates must have a track record of working in multiple countries, rather than just home country. Experience in the ASEAN region is preferred. Experience in ANZ would be advantageous
We are proud to have been recognised in The Strait Times list of Singapore’s Best Employers in 2021 in recognition of our focus on work-life balance, development opportunities, culture and benefits.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence