Senior Engineer - Electrical
- Design (Concept, FEED and Detail Design) of Transmission and Distribution Systems upto 400kV – for Utility Companies based on International standards – for, UK, Europe, Middle East and South East Asia regions. Experience in Design of HV/LV Distribution systems for Oil & Gas Sector , Thermal , Hydropower generation Sector will be an added advantage
- Perform Primary and Secondary system design viz.
Preparation of Key SLD, Protection & Control SLDs, schematics, AC/DC SLDs, LVAC System design, cable schedule, Interconnection Schedule, Bulk MTO.
- Perform indoor Lighting, outdoor area Illumination and Street Illumination in Dialux or vendor software, calculations for Earthing and Lightning Protection.
broad practical knowledge to design of Layouts – Equipment Layouts for outdoor switchyard, indoor substation, trench/tray layouts, lighting, earthing and lightning protection layouts (Should be able to guide/provide inputs to technicians and review from a technical/quality perspective).
- Hands on experience of System Studies software – ETAP or SKM – ability to independently model electrical system and carry out load flow, short circuit, motor starting, protection relay setting studies arc flash studies in ETAP.
- Perform Equipment sizing calculations e.g. Transformer, Generator, HV/LV Cables, AC UPS, Capacitor Banks
- Prepare technical specifications, technical data sheets for Electrical Equipment – Transformers, DG Sets, Switchgear, UPS, Battery Charger, Distribution Boards.
- Preparation and evaluations of Bid tabulation/documentation
- Review of vendor drawings for various Electrical Equipment including review of schematics for HV/LV systems.
- Ability to carry out inter discipline coordination and coordinate effectively with Lead office
- Duties may include extended, but temporary, out-of-town assignments.
- Lead design team for completing deliverables within time limits.
- Effective task management through performance management of design engineers and CAD Technicians.
- Ensure accountability and delivery as also profitability by monitoring design cost.
- Actively share knowledge and experience with other staff in the section and organization particularly to help coach and develop more junior staff.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited university.
- Relevant experience in Electrical design in a consultancy organisation for Transmission and Distribution systems - Indoor GIS/Outdoor Switchyards, upto 400kV AC systems. Experience with Utility companies based in UK/Europe/Middle east will be preferred.
Experience in Design of HV/LV Electrical Systems for Oil & Gas projects would be an added advantage.
- Conversant in Electrical design software – Dialux, ETAP
- Computer literacy in MS office-and basic knowledge of AUTOCAD/3D Modelling Software like Revit is essential.
- Ability to work in independently with lead office as part of integrated team
- Very good written and oral communication skills
- Inclination to use Technology to bring in innovative solutions
- Self-motivated individual with keen interest to learn new skills and add value to the team/organisation
We can offer (subject to Company’s policy):
- Agile and safe working environment
- Competitive annual leave and sick leaves
- Group incentive scheme
- Group term life insurance, Workmen’s compensation and Group medical insurance coverage
- Short and Long-term Global employment opportunities
- Global collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Digital Innovation and Transformation
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence