As a Flood Modeller, you will be part of a large team of hydrologists, hydraulic modelers and flood risk specialists, working closely with our teams of engineers to deliver a wide range of modelling assignments. Your input will help our internal teams and external clients to deliver complex multi-disciplinary projects that will provide great benefits to local communities and the environment.
The selected candidate will be responsible for
- Working on various rivers and flood modelling projects and drainage studies in line with client requirement.
- Supporting Graduate Engineers on various 1D-2D flood modelling projects in line with client requirement, and checking of their work.
- Resolving technical modelling issues on projects by coordinating with senior engineers and lead business.
- Liaison with lead business and other team members to produce good design solution as per best design practice.
- Providing input to project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing quality and innovation
- Assisting and participating in developing yourself and other team members to their full potential
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments.
Key Skills or Software’s
- 1D-2D flood modelling software packages such as TUFLOW and Flood Modeller Pro
- GIS softwares such as MapInfo, QGIS, ArcGIS
- B.E in Civil Engineering and MS/ M.Tech in Water Resources / Environmental Engineering from a recognized University.
- Working towards Chartership or recently Chartered.
- 4 to 6 years of hands-on experience in working with integrated 1D-2D model build, calibration and verification using advanced softwares such as TUFLOW and Flood Modeller Pro
- Should have sound technical knowledge and experience in integrated 1D-2D flood modelling and underlying physics
- Solid understanding of pluvial, fluvial, and coastal/tidal hydraulic modelling
- Model build/updates and flood mapping using MapInfo or QGIS.
- Significant experience of UK flood alleviation/appraisal scheme projects
- Experienced in flood risk assessment and management and related environmental areas
- Experience of storm drain modelling and integrated ID-2D modelling using InfoWorks ICM is a plus.
- Familiar with UK hydrologic standards (such as FEH) and practices related to Environment Agency (UK).
- A strong, self-motivated and assertive person capable of working under pressure.
- Should have good command of English (written and spoken).
- Good report writing, well-developed interpersonal skills and working in team are seen as essential attributes.
- Flexible to adopt new work /challenge work as per business requirement.
At Mott MacDonald, our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do; relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
We can offer (subject to Company’s policy):
- Agile and safe working environment
- Competitive annual leave and sick leaves
- Group incentive scheme
- Group term life insurance, Workmen’s compensation and Group medical insurance coverage
- Short and Long-term Global employment opportunities
- Global collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Digital Innovation and Transformation
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence