IT Solutions Specialist - Network Services
- Network Infrastructure (WAN/LAN/MPLS)
- Data Centre & Server Room Infrastructures
- Firewall (Meraki, Barracuda, Azure & Cisco) technologies
- Internet web filtering and security services
- Monitoring Solutions including WUG & Meraki Dashboards
- Access to cloud services (Microsoft and other Software as a Service platforms)
- Remote Access services (Direct Access, ZPA, Workspot & Meraki VPNs)
within the Infrastructure Team, as well as assisting with Incident escalations from the Operations Centre
documentation, high-level and low-level solution design documents, Knowledge documents, procedure
documents, change control, test plans and transition plans.
and services are configured/managed to optimum levels.
Acts as 4th Level escalation point of contact with regards to Change, problems and incidents and see them
through to resolution and manages suppliers where required.
Assists with the configuration management and auditing of all infrastructure Services.
Produce detailed documentation and conduct knowledge transition to other teams as required.
Acts as SME as part of project team for IT project delivery.
Provides solution and architecture solution designs.
- Perform effective Incident, problem and change management functions with regards to assigned services.
- Performs day-to-day activities and checks as part of the on-going maintenance of the assigned services and that they are carried out in a timely manner as well as ensuring that a forward schedule of maintenance and upgrades are implemented.
- Escalation into suppliers as and when required.
- Performs auditing of Network Infrastructure & Data Centre services.
- Maintains and manages full lifecycle for networking components both physical and cloud.
- Delivery of end to end delivery of technical change.
- This could be in the form of Projects, Continuous Service Improvements, Enhancements, Implementations and Technical refreshes.
- Ensure that effective system performance/capacity monitoring for all Network & Data Centre Services.
- Participate in/host post implementation/major incident reviews
- Infrastructure availability and mean time between failures.
- Counter times to issues/mean time to repair.
- Service continuity test success.
- Policies, procedures and other related documentation are up to date for team’s services Inc DR/BCS.
- Continual service improvements.
- Provides accurate and punctual regular and periodic reports, as required.
- Security breaches and audits report confirming that Network & Data Centre services have appropriate security measures.
- Project deliverables.
- SLA achievement for incident, request, problem and change.
- Educated to degree level in a related technology or engineering field, or relevant industry experience
- Cisco or other applicable certification (desirable)
- Azure Based Certification (desirable)
- Other relevant professional IT Certifications (desirable)
- In-depth Knowledge of LAN & WAN infrastructure.
- Solid Knowledge of network design and architecture.
- Excellent Knowledge of information technology and its application to business issues.
- Monitoring of network infrastructure.
- 5 years + in-depth Knowledge of IPv4/Subnetting/DNS and DHCP.
- Knowledge of SDWAN technology.
- Excellent Knowledge of Cloud based networking. Including design, architecture and installation.
- Good Windows operating systems network knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of LAN Switching.
- Knowledge of web proxy services.
- Experience of auditing and network security.
- Experience analysing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues.
- Demonstrable experience of building strong and productive relationships with key business customers.
- Able to communicate up and down the management chain, providing the appropriate message to the audience.
- assisting peers. Mentoring junior infrastructure engineers and contributing to a cohesive team. Personal Attributes.
- Excellent Knowledge of change management within a medium or large organization.\\
- Ability to think logically, Examine situations, solve technical problems. § Excellent logical skills.
- Excellent document writing skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and activities for both self and others.
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to knowledge complex requirements.
- Ability to communicate complex systems to non-technical staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the business.
- Managing internal / external relationships as a technical subject matter expert.
- Strong Influencing skills – Ability to make things happen when not in a position of direct control.
- Able to participate as a member of a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent working knowledge of ITIL concepts.
The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you'll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you're interested in applying for this role. The application deadline is xxxxx when applications will be reviewed by the team to shortlist for interviews, which will be held in xxxxx.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence