This unique team is committed to developing state-of-the-art digital design tools, by combining domain expertise in the built environment with emerging software technologies.
A day in the life of this role may include:
• Working with senior digital designers and digital engineering leads on the BIM execution plans and Digital Engineering Execution Plans
• Assisting with the management of the BIM platforms used on projects
• Support BIM implementation, preparing models, curating information and ensuring standards and protocols being followed
• Assist with model federation and design resolution activities, including assisting in model navigation and leading the team during model-based design review meetings
• Assist with performing simulations and creating clash reports for design review sessions
• Work with the team to develop solutions to enhance analysis and delivery outcomes of built environment projects, including dynamic 3D visuals, interactive videos, XR experiences, automation workflows, data visualisation and data analytics
• Liaise with subject matter experts (architects, engineers, designers, planners, etc) as well as clients and collaborators to understand the project and industry requirements of the solutions being developed
• Participate in research and exploration initiatives of new technologies and innovations in the Architectural Engineering and Construction industry
• Ability to work with a range of digital engineering authoring tools, as well as some automation and scripting frameworks to make good decisions about which to use to solve a problem
• Inquisitive and eager to learn something new when the need arises
• Flexibility to work on the team’s most pressing problems, working well with technologists and non-technologists alike
• Digital design background (engineering background will be a plus)
• Analytical, development and documenting skills, including strong attention to detail
• Communication and documentation skills, including being able to clearly articulate advanced computational concepts
• Experience with authoring BIM software packages commonly used in the Architectural Engineering and Construction industry (Autodesk Revit, Civil3D, Infraworks, Rhinoceros3D)
• Experience with Autodesk BIM 360 platforms
• Coding experience will be a plus
In turn you'll be working on significant projects that shape the communities in which we live. You will build connections with our local team and be a part of a great global business.
There’s the opportunity for one on one coaching and mentoring, training and development and global project exposure in a collaborative and multidisciplinary work environment.
You'll also have access to many company benefits including increased Employer KiwiSaver contribution, agile working, life insurance, an amazing office culture and our Purchase Leave policy, to name a few!
There's no time like the present to make a change!
We have a supportive and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
Our successes over the past years have seen us take significant roles on a range of NZ landmark and country shaping projects including:
* Lake Onslow NZ Battery project
* Canterbury Multi Use Arena
* Auckland Airport's new Domestic Terminal
* Auckland City Rail Link
* Rosedale WWTP expansion
* Seascape Residential Tower, Auckland (tallest occupied tower under construction)
* Milldale and Drury South development projects
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence