In certain locations, there may be differences in the way that we collect and use personal information due to local legal requirements or the way that Mott MacDonald operates. If this is the case, we will notify you of this in a supplementary privacy notice.
This privacy notice is aligned with our Privacy and data protection policy and Our Code. Please see our Website privacy notice for more information on how we use and protect online visitor information.
Explanation of online tracking technologies we use
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential to enable you to move around our websites and use its features. They allow us to prevent website crashes, display information, fix bugs and ensure the security of our websites.
- Functional cookies: these cookies allow our websites to remember choices you make (such as your username, language, or the country you’re in) and provide more enhanced, personal features.
- Performance and analytics cookies: these cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our websites and digital solutions and services. They help us understand how visitors arrive at our websites and know which pages are viewed the most and least often. We allow third parties to use tracking technologies to understand how you interact with our websites and digital solutions and services. For example, we use Siteimprove to evaluate website traffic and usage data to help us improve our website content. We collect information using Siteimprove in a way that does not identify you.
- Marketing cookies: these cookies help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, deliver advertisements more relevant and engaging to you and your interests, and limit the number of times you see an advertisement. For example, they tell us when you’ve opened an email advertisement and whether you’ve clicked on any content within the advertisement. These cookies are usually placed on behalf of advertising networks with our permission.
- Social media cookies: these cookies are set by social media and social business services, including, X, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube that we have added to our websites to enable you to share our content with your friends and network. These websites set their own cookies, which we don’t control. You should carefully review those notices to ensure you’re happy with how they process your personal information.
Other tracking technologies: our websites and digital solutions and services may contain web beacons, pixels, page tags, third party embedded scripts and other tracking technologies. These technologies consist of small transparent image files or other web programming code that record your activity and how you interact with our services. These tracking technologies count the number of individuals who visited our websites from a particular advertisement, or they may tell us when a web page is viewed. They are often used in conjunction with web browser cookies or other identifiers associated with your device.
Cross device tracking: If you use different devices (such as your home computer, laptop or mobile device), our external service providers may match your browsing activity on our websites across different devices. For example, if you browse our websites on your mobile device and move to your laptop, we may attempt to match your browsing activity across these devices.
Managing your choices
We provide you with the ability to manage online tracking technologies that are not strictly necessary on our websites, by clicking on the banner that appears when first visiting our websites. We only place functional, performance and analytics, marketing and social media cookies if you explicitly accept these cookies by clicking ‘Accept all cookies’.
If you have accepted cookies, you may change your preferences at any time. You can choose to accept some, all or reject our use of online tracking technologies and this will not affect your access to our websites or our resources. However, your experience may be different depending on the categories of online tracking technologies you accept.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit their opt-out page.
If you have any questions about the content of our websites, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any concerns about this privacy notice, or how we have used your personal information for our own purposes, please contact our Privacy and Data Protection Team at email@example.com. If you’re located in Singapore, you can also contact us by calling 6293 1900. If you’re a resident of California, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 800.832.3272.
If you’re unhappy with how we have used your personal information, you can register a complaint with the data protection regulator in the country, state, or province where you are located.