Our maritime consultants provide the planning, engineering and construction supervision for all types of port facilities including container terminals, ro-ro berths, facilities for coal, oil, gas and dry bulk, fishing ports, cruise terminals, shipyards and dockyards. Our portfolio of projects also includes fishing harbours, passenger ferry berths, work boat harbours and leisure marinas. And our experience extends to inspection and appraisal of ports and harbour structures, asset management and advisory services.
Examples of expertise include dredging and reclamation, wharves, quays and jetties, breakwaters and shoreline protection, numerical and physical modelling, ship simulation studies and coastal engineering.
Our maritime consultants provide traditional engineering services to public and private sector clients plus port operators. We also provide services to design and build contractors, PPP companies, and private developers.
Services undertaken include:
- Masterplanning and terminal planning
- Navigational assessment and design
- Environmental assessment
- Conceptual design
- Planning consents and licensing
- Numerical and physical modelling
- Ship manoeuvring simulation
- Detailed engineering design
- Procurement of contracts
- Contract administration
- Supervision of construction
- Handover of completed projects
Our numerical modelling capability includes the MIKE 21 suite of software by DHI for analysis of wave translation, diffraction and harbour disturbance.
We work closely with our teams in Mott MacDonald, particularly those related to environmental, geotechnical, road, rail, buildings, power, oil and gas, and infrastructure services infrastructure. This allows us to deliver a one-stop fully coordinated service to our clients regardless of the complexity of the development.
A brief selection of our projects include:
- Port of Southampton, UK– detailed design and construction support for upgrading existing container terminal
- Heritage Wharf, Bermuda– detailed design and construction supervision for extension to cruise terminal
- Port of Ngqura, South Africa– detailed design for new dry bulk quay and new oil terminal
- Cayman Islands– masterplanning for new cruise terminal
- Nacala Port, Mozambique– outline design for new coal export facilities