LRT vehicles negotiate sharper curves and steeper gradients than mainline railways. Powered by renewable energy, LRT systems create zero pollution at street-level and integrate seamlessly into the urban environment. LRT’s safe, frequent service also eases traffic congestion and offers easy access to city centres and other transport modes – while complying with all accessibility requirements.
Our experts can advise on all aspects of the development and delivery of projects in any location.
- Asset audits and asset management
- Business case development
- Contract and procurement advice
- Detailed design and system specification
- Demand and revenue forecasts
- Development and operation of depot facilities
- Due diligence
- Feasibility studies and design development
- Funding agreements and applications
- Options appraisal and assessment
- Operations and maintenance
- Project and programme management
- Rolling stock
- On-board energy storage systems
- Scheme costs and appraisal
- Strategic area-wide planning
- Transport planning
Our commitment is reflected in our ongoing business success and award wins such as the ‘Supplier of the Year’ at the Global Light Rail Awards (for 10 of the last 11 years).
A relatively new solution, tram-train systems are slowly gaining traction on a global scale. Consisting of light rail or tramway vehicles which operate on both light rail and heavy rail infrastructure, tram-trains enable full integration of local rail systems with inter-urban, regional and national networks.
Tram-trains present numerous technical challenges. But these are outweighed by the benefits:
- Seamless and direct connectivity between suburbs and city centres
- Increased capacity at city railway stations
- Reopening disused railway lines
- Lower costs from shared use of existing infrastructure
- More frequent services and reduced journey times
We have proven, industry-leading experience to support clients in developing and delivering all types of tram-train projects, wherever these are based.