Mott MacDonald has been appointed by the National Procurement Service for Wales on all three phases of the new public sector framework agreement for construction consultancy services.
The consultancy, which has offices throughout Wales, will provide a range of services across the country including:
- mechanical, structural, civil, highway and electrical engineering;
- quantity surveying and project management;
- ecology, landscape architecture and BREEAM assessments;
- multidisciplinary property services incorporating architecture;
- multidisciplinary infrastructure services;
- flood risk mapping, modelling and analysis and water management;
- ground and water contamination, nuclear, utility, geotechnical and aviation consultancy.
Welsh public sector organisations such as the government and associated sponsored bodies, local authorities, health boards and trusts, higher and further education providers and the emergency services, as well as housing associations, registered social landlords and selected charities, will have access to Mott MacDonald’s diverse range of services through the framework.
Paul Maliphant, Mott MacDonald’s framework director, said: “Aligned with this appointment we launched a new initiative in 2015 to widen our network of collaborators in Wales by targeting links with small and medium sized enterprises. Through our own networks and in collaboration with Business Wales we have already held discussions with over 60 companies.”
“Our aim is to be of greater service to both public sector organisations in Wales and local communities as anchor consultants, driving economic growth and leading the way in social value planning and community benefit leadership,” Paul added.
The framework will initially run for two years, with options to extend by a further two 12-month periods.