Our activity rapidly expanded to other major transport developments – including the high-speed rail between Madrid and Barcelona. Since then, we've helped public and private clients deliver energy, water, environment and health projects in Spain and neighbouring countries.
With direct access to the multidisciplinary resources and knowledge of our global company, we offer a substantial advantage to fulfil clients’ diverse and changing requirements. Our local experts look at problems from fresh angles and find opportunities in complexity. They bring together diverse skills and experience to turn obstacles into innovative and sustainable solutions.
We have helped conceive, drive and implement transport solutions around the world. From preparing the business case to developing the infrastructure and ongoing maintenance, our planning, engineering and management services cover the whole project cycle.
We offer clients an optimal solution – local expertise in the project location and resources in Spain that collaborate with teams in the technical office of the client. Multiple projects have been delivered using this approach.
Mott MacDonald has supported clients in the Windsor-Essex Parkway project in Canada, the Northern Line Extension between Charing Cross and Battersea in the United Kingdom, the Third set of Locks of the Panama Canal, the Chesapeake Bay Thimble Shoal Highway Tunnel in the United States and the Brisbane Cross River Rail project in Australia, just to name a few.
- I-64 Hampton roads bridge-tunnel expansion project
- Project management policy for Spanish toll road operator
- Asset management strategy plan for Spanish airport operator
- Fire safety control of new fleet for Spanish railway vehicles manufacturer
- Auckland airport terminal development project
- A66 Ruta de la Plata between Benavente and Zamora
Our energy team focuses on clean power, renewable and hybrid generation projects in Spanish-speaking territories, including Latin America, where we work with our local offices. We provide technical advisory, engineering and project management services from concept and design to operations, decommissioning or repowering. Examples of our work include technical advisory services for a large portfolio of operating onshore wind and solar PV projects, acquisition due diligence for 1GW of combined wind and solar thermal/concentrated solar power plants, and technical and environmental due diligence of an oil storage and pipeline distribution company.
- Acquisition due diligence for 700MW Eolia Wind Portfolio, Spain.
- Lenders’ technical advisor for 296MWp Potrero Bifacial Photovoltaic Project, Mexico
- Technical advisor for the acquisition of Extresol 1, 2 and 3
- Manchasol 2 and Serrezuela Solar Concentrating Solar Power Plants, Spain
- Independent engineer for Envision 185MW Wind Farms, Argentina
- Lenders’ technical advisor for DUNA Onshore Wind Farm, Peru
- Independent engineer for Cerro Dominador 110MW Concentrating Solar Power Project, Chile
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, our epidemiologists and health specialists have been gathering global evidence about the disease, its transmission, clinical features, mitigation strategies, and progress in developing treatments, diagnostics and vaccines.
Our combined infrastructure and health expertise can help prepare for future pandemics and health expertise can help asset owners and operators to optimise services and support economic activity while managing risk.