Mott MacDonald has over 20 years’ experience of complex and challenging environmental impact assessments (EIA) and of writing environmental statements for a wide range of projects. These include some of the world’s largest infrastructure, engineering and development projects.
Clients recognise the benefits that we bring to their project because of our in-house expertise not just in all environmental disciplines, but also in other related areas. We offer a complete, integrated service covering all phases of developments from master planning to EIA, and from strategic environmental assessment to construction environmental management plans.
We're engaged during the earliest stages of a project's conceptualisation not only to ensure legal compliance and adoption of best practice standards, but also because our EIA studies are valuable tools for identifying potential problems during the initial planning and design process. We identify ‘show-stoppers’ and cost-effective solutions as well as design mitigations as projects develop.
Mott MacDonald is a corporate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment and hold its EIA Quality Mark.
We have environmental teams in centres of expertise in the UK, USA, the UAE, South Africa and Hong Kong. Drawing on local experts, we provide core staffing for EIA services supported by specialists in all the disciplines required to complete a complex EIA. To provide our clients with a comprehensive service, our qualified planning consultants, social scientists, transport planners and health impact assessors help complete the EIA process. This expertise has helped our clients complete EIAs such as for the Yas Island development, Abu Dhabi, the Ngong Ping Cable Car, Hong Kong, the Mozambique Regional Power Transmission Lines project, to name a few.
We're experienced in creating, leading and working within multidisciplinary teams.
We work for government, public sector and commercial organisations and for NGOs and international agencies, such as the World Bank, Asian Development bank, and EU aid institutions. We provide EIA and related services in most sectors, including:
- Commercial property
- Oil, gas and minerals exploration and development
- Oil, gas and water pipelines
- Power stations, including wind farms
- Power transmission
- Rail, light rail and metro
- Urban development
- Waste management and disposal
- Water pumping stations and treatment works
- Energy use and climate change
- Environmental risk assessment
- Equator Principles compliance
- Expert witness
- Field studies and surveys
- Geographical information systems
- Geospatial data management
- Environmental management and monitoring
- Planning applications
- Public consultation stakeholder engagement
- Site and route selection studies
- Social, health and economic assessments
- Strategic environmental assessment
- Sustainability appraisals