Debates continue to circle around consolidation or decentralization of populations. The cost of development and infrastructure is calculated not just in cash but in carbon costs and performance criteria.
Urban development is facing a "trilemma" in terms of water, energy, and food security. These three aspects are interconnected.
Mott MacDonald brings together skills and a long history of technical excellence in water, agri-engineering, energy (particularly new energy) and health to offer solutions in this context.
- You want to ensure sustainability of your urban development in the holistic sense and not just as a “badge."
- You want to benchmark your development against international exemplars of similar scale.
- You want a one-stop shop and integrated approach to design and development of concepts.
- You want a robust model for development.
- You want a trusted partner with the right credentials and track record.
Meeting your needs
Mott MacDonald adds value in these ways:
- Delivering wholly integrated engineering and environmental solutions
- Working with customers to ensure their visions, aspirations, project goals and ambitions are realized
- Creating appropriate models and using suitable tools to assist in the measurement of design, construction, and operational performance requirements
- Providing expertise from preconcept to operational monitoring of all aspects of the built environment
Who we work with
We work with governments at local and regional levels, with developers, architects, planners, regulators, banks, and lending agencies. These are some key projects we have worked on:
- Dubai Marina
- Singapore’s Integrated Hub
- Spinnaker Tower, UK
- Masdar, Abu Dhabi
- Great City, China
- Tianjin Eco-city, China
- Titanic Quarter, UK